It’s Friday night. You’ve had a long, trying week at work. Stress is ruling your life right now, but you refuse to sit at home and wallow in your sorrows. You’re in need of a little excitement, so you decide to hit the town with friends. Not only will you get a chance to blow off some steam, but since you’re going to the usual hangout you might run into that girl or guy who caught your eye two weeks ago.
We all go out and have a good time every now and then. The problem is that in those two to three hours out on the town, it’s easy to guzzle down over 1000 calories without even realizing it. You get caught up in the moment and forget that those sweet cocktails and stiff bourbons are calorie packed yet have zero nutritional value. If you’ve already had all of your meals for the day by the time you leave your home or office, this can ruin your day’s caloric intake. All that hard work down the drain.
The next time you decide to step out and hit the bar, keep these drinks in mind and save yourself some worry, and potentially pounds. Remember that even with these lower calorie options, moderation is key.
1. Sour Apple Martini — approximately 160 calories
- This drink represents the perfect combination of sweet and sour. It’s a sexy cocktail and can easily fit in with all personalities.
- Do it yourself mix: 2.5 oz. sour mix, 3/4 oz. vodka, 3/4 oz. sour apple liqueur
2. Vodka Soda with Lime — under 100 calories
- Give this drink a test drive. You can save yourself some calories by switching from Sprite to soda water and still enjoy the flavor of your vodka in the process.
- Do it yourself mix: 1 oz. vodka, 3 oz soda, twist of lime
3. Gin and Tonic — approximately 100 calories
- This can be a staple drink for your repertoire. Keep it in your back pocket and pull it out whenever you’re trying to avoid taking a calorie hit at the bar. Not only does it taste great, it also has the perfect kick to relieve some of the stress from your week.
- Do it yourself mix: 1 oz. gin, 3 oz. tonic
4. Vodka Cranberry — approximately 70 calories
- For some, this is the usual, and that’s a great thing. As long as you don’t go overboard on the number that you decide to drink, Vodka Cranberries are the perfect choice.
- Do it yourself mix: 1 oz. vodka, 3 oz. cranberry juice
5. Light Beer — usually under 100 calories
- Try any brand you like, but sticking with the light version is going to do wonders for your waistline. But, if you drink too many you’ll defeat the purpose.
- Give Heineken Light a try (99 calories/12 oz. bottle). I’m just saying.
***Never Drink and Drive***
Filed Under: FOOD AND DIET
About the Author: